* Some services are provided in coordination with our local specialists.
Porcelain Crowns & Bridges
Bringing Smiles to the Edmonds Community
Both porcelain crowns and fixed bridges are fixed prosthetic devices. They're cemented onto your existing teeth, and can only be removed by your dentist.
A dental crown is a great way to completely cover your damaged tooth. Not only it strengthens the damaged tooth, but it can also improve your appearance as well as alignment. A crown can also be placed on top of an implant to provide a tooth-like shape and structure for function. Porcelain crowns can be matched to the color of your natural teeth.
You may need dental crowns due to the following reasons:
- To replace a large filling when there isn't enough tooth remaining
- To protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- To restore a fractured tooth
- To attach a bridge
- To cover a titanium post
- To cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth
- To cover a tooth where root canal treatment had been performed
A dental bridge is a non-removable fixed prosthetic appliance that can replace your missing teeth. Our dentist in Edmonds will discuss which type of bridge will work for your particular case.
Fixed bridges are usually made of porcelain fused to metal, which has two crowns that go over two abutment teeth and they're attached to artificial teeth in order to fill the space.
Fixed bridges are very durable even if it may be necessary to regularly check with your dentist, Dr. Rachel Mahoney as they might need to be re-cemented due to normal wear.